What is Local Citation?
Local Citation is simply where your company or business is mentioned on other websites and places found on the Internet and it is really an important factor for your business and this could be in various forms:
- Company Name, by itself.
- Company name & phone number.
- Company name, address, & phone number, .
- Company name, address, phone number, & link etc.
Freelancing Solution is one of the renowned growing Internet Marketing Service providers offering the Local Citations Service. Basically, it is seen in most of the sites the partial citation and a partial citation is one which consists of the part of your NAP – maybe your “name and phone number” or “name and address”. Actually, this is better than nothing, but not as advantageous as a full citation because a full citation is one which bears your business’s entire NAP. A complete citation should always include with the company name, address and phone number.
Different kinds of local citations
There are two types of citations. One is called structured and another is unstructured. Both of these are important for your business. Structured citations are what you’ll find in your typical local online directories. For example, with sites like yellowpages.com, yelp.com, superpages.com, freeindex, tripadvisor, foursquare, touchlocal and many more where it’s possible to enter your business name, address, phone number, website and other details if you choose to (which you should).There are lots of local directory and information sites that will allow you to build structured citations. But you have a little less control over your unstructured citations, which may come from newspaper articles, blog posts, job websites, government sites and online magazine articles.
The key benefits of local citations:
Actually there are a number of key benefits to judge when it comes to local citations. This includes:
- Playing an important part in ranking algorithms on major search engines: Local citations play a vital role when it comes to the ranking algorithms on major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing etc. The search engines like to have lots of information about your business that it can refer to. The more indication that it can find, the more credibility it gives to all that information and the most important matter is to make sure that all of your business data is dependable right across to the internet. They could help your business rank higher than those with fewer citations.
- Instilling confidence in consumers: Google or other search engines use citations to verify the exactness of the contact information in their local business listings too, as listing addresses or phone numbers which are out of date, incorrect or untrustworthy, looks dreadful on them and causes people to question the consistency of their search results. If accurately the same NAP will be listed on more than fifty different websites, it’s surely to be 100% correct information, and definitely Google can be more confident in showing that NAP to the searchers. And if your business is also mentioned on a variety of other sites, particularly authority sites, consumers will be more confident about using you to purchase goods or services. This is because local citations give your business more credibility and reduce the risk of your company being some sham fly by night business.
- Making it easier to locate your business details: Another benefit you have to consider when it comes to local citations is how these can make it easier for people to locate your business contact details. This in turn means that you could benefit from more business, as your company details will be more visible and easier for people to find.
(Related: Greenbox Capital provides easy loans for small business ventures. Contact them today)