SEO is one of the most important things for any website to have. It’s what makes your site rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), which means more people will be able to find you when they are searching for a product or service that you provide. However, this can be difficult to do on your own and it takes time and energy, not to mention being expensive if you hire someone else to do it for you. Fortunately there are some free SEO tools out there that can help make this process easier for both beginners and experts alike!
Google PageSpeed Insights – speed checker
Google PageSpeed Insights is a free tool that checks your website’s performance and provides recommendations for the most efficient ways to optimize your page. The tool works by analyzing several critical factors of your site, including:
- number of requests on the page
- size of the response from each server request (i.e., file sizes)
- load time
Google Search Console – indexing and performance
Google Search Console is a free SEO tool that you can use to see how well your site is performing. It will show you how often Google indexes your pages and provides additional information such as:
- The number of pages crawled per day
- The number of errors on the site
- How long it takes for Googlebot to crawl each page
Google Trends – keyword research tool
- Google Trends is a keyword research tool that provides you with information on search volume and trends over time. It can be used to find new keywords, get ideas for content and identify trending topics.
- Enter the term you’re interested in researching into the search bar at the top of the page and click ‘Track This Search’ or simply hit enter when it appears. This will take you to a graph showing how often people have been searching for that term over time and how it compares with other searches. You can then click through to see what people are searching for in your area or country by clicking on ‘Explore all countries/regions’ at the bottom right corner of this page (just above “Trends for everyone else”).
Ahrefs – all-in-one SEO toolkit
Ahrefs is one of the most popular SEO tools on the market. It has a ton of features that can help you with everything from backlink analysis to keyword research. They even have a content optimizer that will tell you what words to use and how often to use them in your articles and blog posts.
Ahrefs also offers a free trial of their paid version, which includes all these features plus more, such as keyword alerts so you don’t miss any opportunities to rank on Google or Bing as well as ranking reports so that can track how well your site is doing over time (or just compare two different websites).
Bing Webmaster Tools – submit XML sitemaps and other optimization features
One of the best ways to ensure that your site is well optimized is by submitting an XML Sitemap. If you’ve already set up Google Search Console or Bing Webmaster Tools, then you will have access to a site submission tool. This can be used to submit an XML sitemap and other optimization features including:
- Submit your HTML and XML sitemaps
- Submit a Robots.txt file that allows search engines to crawl only valid pages of your website instead of everything on it (i.e., no spammy links)
- Updates about your indexed properties
Yoast SEO – on-page SEO
Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin that helps you optimize your content for search engines. It comes with a ton of handy features like alerts when you need to add a meta description or title tag, suggestions for improving your keyword density, and even automatic optimization of internal links.
To install Yoast SEO on your website, visit the Yoast SEO website and click Get started now! in the upper-right corner of their menu bar. You’ll then be able to choose which version (free or premium) of their plugin to install. After following some simple steps, you’ll have full access to all their tools!
To get started using these tools yourself:
- Click on ‘Edit’ next to an article on your site’s front page;
- Click ‘SEO’;
- Scroll down until you find ‘Title & Meta Descriptions’ under ‘WordPress Header’ section;
- Enter in titles and meta descriptions for each article as needed
Screaming Frog is a desktop application that you can download and use to crawl and audit websites. It’s one of the best tools out there for finding broken links, duplicate content, canonicalization issues, and more.
GTMetrix is a free tool that provides a comprehensive overview of your site’s performance and helps you identify and fix performance issues, speed up your website, and diagnose code errors. It also identifies CSS errors.
MozBar is a free SEO toolbar for Chrome that you can download and install in your browser. The MozBar will show you the Page Authority and Domain Authority of any web page. It also shows you the number of indexed pages and links to the page, as well as the number of backlinks to the page.
MozBar is one of the best free tools for anyone who needs to improve their on-page SEO or wants to know more about how their competitors are ranking in search engines like Google.
There are a lot of free SEO tools that can help you get better rankings.
There are a lot of free SEO tools out there. Unfortunately, most of them won’t help you get better rankings. But there are some that will.
In order to find the right tool for your needs, it is important to look at what kind of website you have and what kind of results you are trying to achieve. If you don’t know anything about SEO or digital marketing in general then definitely start with a simple tool like Ahrefs. It will give you a good idea about how many backlinks your site has, where they come from and which ones are doing well for you (this will also help with finding new places where people might link back).
If you want more advanced features such as keyword research or competitor tracking then Moz Pro may be worth considering but definitely try it first before buying because not everyone likes using their platform
As you can see, there are many SEO tools out there to help you grow your business. We hope this article has helped you find the right tools for your needs and that it’s given some valuable insight into how to use them effectively.